Vitamins and Extracts is the newest addition to the Clearasil family of skincare products. The range targets those in need of a gentle but effective daily skincare routine, packing products full of gentle but effectively cleansing ingredients known for their nourishing and antioxidant properties.
The range consists of a scrub, a 2 in 1 wash and mask, wipes and the new PerfectaWash system with a choice of two refills - Soothing Plant or Superfruits. I'm all for natural products and super fruits, so this range is right up my street! 
'Formulated with avocado, pomegranate and Vitamin E to help keep skin looking healthy and nourished'

The packaging of the whole Vitamins & Extracts range runs on a similar theme with white and green colours. I quite like the packaging of the scrub, it's easy to squeeze and stands well. My only problem is very minor - the design of the lid. It opens at a diagonal angle, which I feel is totally unnecessary, and this snaps very easily.
It is suggested this product is used in the morning and evening, I feel that is too much use for a scrub, so I prefer to use it each morning in the shower. The formula is perhaps a little too thick, it has small microbeads which give gentle exfoliation over the skin which do not burst when pressed. The formula is very similar to the Biore face scrub, for reference. It lathers well and washes off easily, I did find a few of the beads lingered which was a little annoying!
I was concerned this may smell of avocado but the scent is delicately apple-y and certainly fruity! It isn't fragrant at all, its very light and doesn't linger on the skin for longer than a few minutes after use.
After the first use my skin felt nicely soft, dry skin had been gently buffed away. Having continued to use this every day I've seen noticeable benefits, my skin remains smooth until the next wash and there are far less dry patches of skin on my face. The surface of my skin has remained clear and felt a lot less oily too.

Using this scrub everyday has improved the appearance of my skin, it's helped me to realise my post-winter dry and flakey skin needs something I can regularly use to exfoliate the skins surface. The design of the lid which snaps off is a major design flaw but doesn't put me off repurchasing.

Clearasil Vitamins & Extracts Face Scrub retails for £4.99 from Boots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© All content Copyright to Holly Arabella unless stated otherwise.